Monday, January 21, 2013

Faith

I'm in this really amazing bible study group. Our lesson a few weeks ago got me thinking about my situation with the mirena. In lecture one of the things said was "what if God uses this situation to grow your faith."
I started off by thinking about the iud robbing me of my marriage, my children's childhood and myself for the past ten years. There have been times that I have believed that I was going to die. That my children were going to be left without a mother. That I would be missing out on them growing up, there first dates, graduating from high school, starting a career, starting a family of their own. There have also been times that I questioned my sanity, that I believed the doctors when they said I'm fine.
But I can say there is one thing that the mirena has not robbed from me and that is my faith. With the passing of each year I have clung tight to my God. I have spent many hours awake talking with God, praying to Him and praising Him for all my blessings. I have a hunger to be as close to God as possible, and my hunger to learn more of His word has continued to grow. To the point that I can't get enough. Throwing myself in several studies at one time. It's because of this that I know God has stood next to me, holding my hand, feeling every ounce of pain I have endured. At the worst of my illness He has physically picked me up and encouraged me to take steps forward. Even if they are small ones.
God's love has never failed me. And I know that He will continue to stand by my side during my healing. That He will use me and my story to save others from this heartache. He will help me move this mountain. To those of you who are currently experiencing what I have remember this, "The Lord will fight for you; you only need to be still." Exodus 14:14. Stand firm and see the deliverance The Lord will bring, don't give into despair. You will get through this!

2 comments:

  1. Amen Amen Amen Amen God is good I feel the same way seems the only way I feel sane is my talk to God then I feel like I can take on anything glad to have found you if you need anything hun I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete